Lecturing and Subject Development positions in Business and Hospitality Management – Full/Part-time and Casual positions available.
The International College of Hotel Management (ICHM) Adelaide, Australia has produced graduates of the highest calibre that work at all levels of management within and outside the international hospitality industry.
ICHM was the first, and remains the only, official Swiss Hotel Association (SHA) school in Australia, the world’s oldest hotel industry body. Today, ICHM is owned by Charles Darwin University (CDU). CDU is ranked 31st by Times Higher Education in its 2016 rankings of the best 150 universities in the world aged less than 50 years old.
ICHM delivers a Bachelor of Business (Hospitality Management) and a Master of International Hotel Management (Swiss Hotel Association).
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our passionate and friendly team at ICHM located at Regency Park.
In July 2018 ICHM will commence delivery of the recently accredited Master of International Hotel Management (Swiss Hotel Association). We are seeking to appoint full-time, part-time and casual lecturing and subject development positions in the following areas of our undergraduate and postgraduate awards:
- Hotel Management
- Rooms Division Management
- Accounting and Finance Management
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Customer Relationship Management
- Information Systems Management
- International Human Resource Management
- Brand Management
- International Business
- Property Development and Management
- Research Methods
Note that one of the full-time positions will be required to teach Research Methods and coordinate research topics with Masters’ students.
Overview of key responsibilities
· Prepare and deliver Lectures and Tutorials, including marking, validation and moderation of assessment and provide feedback to students;
· Focuses on continuous quality improvement to update learning materials, assessments and resources by incorporating current research, scholarship and industry expertise;
· Provide academic counselling and advice to students;
· Contribute to the review, design and development of innovative subjects and learning materials in collaboration with colleagues.
· Actively participate in academic administration and college activities;
· Actively represent and promote ICHM to ensure ICHM students and programs are well regarded;
· Develop teaching and learning materials of sound pedagogy which is reflective of current and future industry trends.
· To teach in the Bachelor degree – Candidates must hold, as a minimum, a recognised and relevant Bachelor Degree Honours, Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma in a relevant area or a Bachelor Degree with 3 years’ relevant professional experience in the past 5 years or enrolment in a relevant AQF level 8 or 9 course plus relevant professional experience totalling 3 years;
· To teach in the Master’s degree – Candidates must hold, as a minimum, a recognised and relevant Doctorate by research or coursework, or a Masters’ degree with 10 year’s relevant professional experience with at least five years at a senior level, or enrolment in a relevant doctoral program plus relevant professional experience, totalling 10 years;
· To develop learning materials – Similar qualification and experience requirements as for Bachelor or Master subjects. Experience with developing learning and teaching resources will be highly regarded;
· To teach Research methods & research topics it is essential that candidates have undertaken formal studies in research methodology and highly desirable they have experience in applying research methods to research topics;
· Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills;
· Demonstrated experience as a Lecturer, covering the key aspects of the ‘Overview of Key Responsibilities’ provided above;
· Commitment to cultural diversity and ethical practice principles;
· Able to build and maintain industry networks;
· Current DCSI or ability to obtain one;
· Must have the right to live and work in Australia.
To be considered for the position, your application must include a current CV, contact details of two referees and a covering letter addressing the Essential Criteria.
Applications close 8 June 2018.
For further information please visit our website, www.ichm.edu.au or contact Debra Mules, Human Resources Officer at [email protected] or phone (08) 8228 3651.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.